Re: Kernel hangs with mongo.pl benchmark.

To: Paul Schutte <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel hangs with mongo.pl benchmark.
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:38:48 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Paul Schutte wrote:

> I am sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I could'nt find a way to
> search the archives.

There's a link on the mailing list page, I believe.

> I am in the debugger by pressing Pause.
>
> What info must I gather for you guys and how do I capture it ?

So your machine hasn't crashed, it's just hung?  If you type "ps" you
can see all of the current processes, typing "btp <process number> will
backtrace that process to see where it's at.

The only completely reliable way to capture the output is by using KDB
over a serial cable, but if your machine is still significantly alive,
you can "set LOGGING=1" in kdb to log the output to disk, via syslog.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.