Re: productionserver

To: Thomas Kirk <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: productionserver
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:57:12 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 at 4:45pm, Thomas Kirk wrote

> question is : Is XFS in its current state ready for production
> enviroments and yes i read the FAQ but it would be nice with some real
> world experince from other "sysadmins". I would be very gratefull for
> any help this list could come up with.

One data point:

I've been using XFS in production since mid-March on a 560GB hardware RAID
NFS served to about 20 moderately active clients.  Until 2 weeks ago, I
was running a pre-release kernel pulled out of CVS in March, now I'm
running Release 1.0.1 (the 2.4.5 kernel).  I've *never* had an XFS related
issue (knock wood), and it saved my butt when the SCSI controller the
system disk was on decided it didn't like parity anymore.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering