Re: FIX: World-writeable files repair script

To: Simon Matter <Simon.Matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FIX: World-writeable files repair script
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Aug 2001 15:50:18 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 02 Aug 2001 22:47:31 +0200, Simon Matter wrote:

> The script looks promising but the list of files is not complete.

Yep, I just found the pcmcia problem.

> How did you
> create the list of files?

Essentially by searching for files w/ 666, and dirs with 777, and taking
out the obvious ones (like game scores, etc...)  Your RPM query trick is
nifty, but I actually found a few files with bad permissions which did
belong to RPMs...

I have an anaconda update disk going to fix this, installing a full
system with it now, we'll see what's left when it's done.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.