Install hangs at end of postinstall configuration

To: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Install hangs at end of postinstall configuration
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:12:32 +0200
>received: from mobile.sauter-bc.com (unknown [10.1.6.21]) by basel1.sauter-bc.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id AD85857306 for <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:12:32 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have installed a new server (7.1-XFS 1.0.1) via NFS yesterday.
everything went fine except at the end of the 'Postinstall
configuration', it was hanging and I couldn't figure out what happened.
It was a server type install with only NFS server selected. When it was
hanging I just switched to a console and made a
chroot /mnt/sysimage /sbin/lilo
to make sure lilo is installed. After that I just killed the hanging
processes and the system rebooted and is fine now.
Did anybody notice this kind of hanger before and how can I find out
what's wrong when something like that happens again. I mean where do I
find logs created by anaconda and co?

Simon

--
Simon Matter              Tel:  +41 61 695 57 35
Fr.Sauter AG / CIT        Fax:  +41 61 695 53 30