Re: Logdev size?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logdev size?
From: Andrew Tridgell <tridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
A related question about logdev sizes ...

I've noticed that mkfs.xfs refuses to make a logdev bigger than
128M. Have anyone done any work on upping this limit?

I'd like to put the logdev on a 1G ram card so that I can do really
large netbench runs without hitting the real disks. I'm testing at the
moment with the logdev on a ramdisk (see
http://samba.org/ftp/unpacked/junkcode/trd/) but the 130M limit means
those pesky disk lights come on with even quite small runs.

also, is there any work being done to use the same logdev for multiple
filesystems? Having to know in advance how to split up a valuable nv
ram area over lots of filsystems can be tricky.