Re: Logdev size?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Logdev size?
From: Andrew Klaassen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:30:33 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:55:13PM +0200,
Seth Mos wrote:

> At 09:26 24-7-2001 -0400, you wrote:

> > I'm going to be building an array later today...
<snip>
> How many processes/users will be active at the same moment?

There may be up to 12 composites running at once on separate
compositing boxes, potentially all accessing the fileserver at
the same time.

> You could try the default mkfs and then mount it with
> logbufs=8 if you have enough memory for extra throuhput.

It'll have 1GB of memory.

> Is it connected on gigabit or are you never going to pass the
> 10MB/s off 100Mbit ethernet networks?

The fileserver will have gigabit, and the clients 100Mbit.
Later, we may move the fileserver to dual gigabit and the
clients to gigabit.

Andrew Klaassen