Re: XFS 1.0.1 SuSE Port

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS 1.0.1 SuSE Port
From: Detlef Vollmann <dv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:45:43 +0000
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dean Brissinger wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to get XFS working on SuSE?  I need to get that
> going but don't want to invest time in something that's already been
> done.

The German "Linux Magazin" had an article on that in its July issue.
They used SuSE 7.1 kernel 2.4.2 and used the patches for XFS 1.0.
They reported one uncritical patch-reject and used gcc 2.95.2
(by manually changing the Linux top Makefile).
For compiling xfsprogs, they had to install e2fsprogs-devel
(as usual) and to comment out two includes (lvm_log.h and
lvm_config.h) from include/lib/liblvm.h.
After that, everything worked fine and they reported good
performance.

But don't know about 1.0.1.

Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann
vollmann engineering gmbh           Tel: +41-41-4120911