chacl questions

Subject: chacl questions
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:29:01 +0800 (PHT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

I wonder what's wrong with the way I'm doing things.

I create a directory "test", owned by root, group root, perms u=rwx,g=,o=.
I want to allow user "jijo" to access this, too, but to only read it, I
try the following:

chacl u::rwx,g::,o::,u:jijo:r-x,m::r-x test

But it says:

chacl: "u::rwx,g::,o::,u:jijo:r-x,m::r-x" is an invalid ACL specification.

'chacl -l test' output: test[] which (I think) verifies that ACLs are
enabled and work.

What am I doing wrong? Also, is it possible to just add an ACL? Let's say
I already have ACLs set up, and just want to enable someone else to read
and access this file, how do I do this? Do I have to list everyone else?
Or if I want to revoke access from someone?

It's my first time to handle ACLs. I hope you guys can be patient with
this newbie. :) :)

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III  :: jijo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Network Administrator :: The Leather Collection, Inc.