Re: TAKE - Don't use BLKBSZSET in xfsprogs

To: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE - Don't use BLKBSZSET in xfsprogs
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 16:27:50 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 16 Jul 2001 23:20:37 +0200, Seth Mos wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2001, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > Hm, I didn't know those errors were still out there... I thought we
> > fixed all the raid controllers?  but yes, it should.
>
> They were not, I just questioned if this is solved in some way?
> Does this mean we always use one size or still switch different sizes but
> in another place of the code.

The block size is always set correctly at mount time, so everything is
fine from then on.  The only trouble was in userspace, on a device which
had some other blocksize previously, and had not yet been mounted as xfs
- i.e. during mkfs.xfs time.

So, I guess it's the latter - we switch to the correct size in another
place in the code - at mount time, in the kernel - and it's no longer
necessary to do it in userspace before this.

-Eric