Re: xfsdump on alpha

To: ThH <thh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfsdump on alpha
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:17:12 +1000
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

On Jul 16,  7:53am, ThH wrote:
> Subject: xfsdump on alpha
> I've tried xfsdump-1.0.11 on my alpha. But there is the Assertion
> problem again.
>
> xfsdump: version 3.0 - Running single-threaded
> xfsdump: global.c:82 global_hdr_alloc: Assertion `sizeof( time_t ) == 4'
> failed.
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> On alpha it is 8 instead of 4.
>
> I had corected this one Assertion manualy,

Changing just the assert doesn't seem like the right thing
to do - this looks like a data structure which gets written
onto the tape, so it needs to be 4 bytes long.  Will require
an audit of the xfs{dump/restore} code to check all of the
uses of time_t, I guess - does that sound right, Ivan/Tim?

> but there are some others yet I don't know.

Probably are.

cheers.

--
Nathan