Re: Another case of "getfh failed: Operation not permitted"

To: Jarkko Santala <jake@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Another case of "getfh failed: Operation not permitted"
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:57:25 -0500
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jarkko Santala wrote:

> I'm running Linux 2.4.6 + linux-2.4.6-xfs-07052001.patch on a RedHat 7.1
> based system. When I tried to mount an xfs filesystem (which sits
> on top of lvm) exported from this box with NFS, I get a "Permission
> denied" on the client side and "rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not
> permitted" on the server side.

Hm, this again... at one point this was chalked up to the
nfsd_operations patch that Mandrake was using, but it showed up on SuSE
as well - but I never got very far with that.  Is your RH7.1 system
pretty much stock (nfs-utils version, etc)?  I'll build up a kernel w/
that patch and take another look.

-Eric