Another case of "getfh failed: Operation not permitted"

To: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Another case of "getfh failed: Operation not permitted"
From: Jarkko Santala <jake@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:43:50 +0300 (EET DST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm running Linux 2.4.6 + linux-2.4.6-xfs-07052001.patch on a RedHat 7.1
based system. When I tried to mount an xfs filesystem (which sits
on top of lvm) exported from this box with NFS, I get a "Permission
denied" on the client side and "rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not
permitted" on the server side.

Mounting a reiserfs filesystem from the same box works fine.

Now, I first had the problem with Linux 2.4.5 +
linux-2.4.5-xfs-06112001.patch, so I figured that an upgrade to later
versions would probably solve the problems. No such luck.

I found some discussion on the subject on the linux-xfs mailing list
archives, but no one had posted any reasons or location of patches.

If you need debugging or more info on the systems, I'll help.

        -jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@xxxxxxx>  System Administrator  Cell. +358407204512
SSH Communications Security Corp, Helsinki, Finland   http://www.ssh.com