Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:14:42 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Seth and Simon,

I figured I'd answer both of you at the same time.

First off, I do get some strange errors of this type:

fh_verify: mail/:saved permission failure, acc=1, error=13
svc: unknown program 100227 (me 100003)

However, when I searched on Google this was an NFS message that was harmless
and could be ignored (is this right?).

I looked this morning and I see this message (dmesg):

st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes

The crash always happens when the Amanda system is writting to tape.   Could
this be a hardware problem clue?

I haven't tried the 1.01 RPMS yet.  I'm on a SuSE7.1 system here so I compile
my own kernels.

I'm not using any kind of RAID on this system.   It's got four SCSI disks
connected to the onboard(Adaptec) SCSI controler and a tape (HP-DAT40)
connected to an Adaptec-30160 controller.

Thanks for your help.

--
Luc Lalonde, Responsable du reseau GIREF

Telephone: (418) 656-2131 poste 6623
Courriel: llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx