Re: kernel-smp-2.4.3-SGI_XFS_1.0.1_PR3 bug report

To: Christopher McCrory <chrismcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs list <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: kernel-smp-2.4.3-SGI_XFS_1.0.1_PR3 bug report
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 20:36:45 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 11:15 6-7-2001 -0700, Christopher McCrory wrote:
Hello...

        To make it easier, I'll summarize several message posts:
Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Hm, is aacraid even in 2.4.5?
        From the other posts, apparently not.  Oops

It probably won't be untill a rewrite of the driver.

Christian, Chip wrote:

> It was added by RedHat, so I guess the expectation is that it exist in all kernel rpms?

Actually, I thought they were in Linus's kernel already.

You've ever seen the driver?? Don't it will make your stomach turn.
A ported NT driver is not and will not be included in the kernel.

They are going to build a native linux driver but it will probably take a lot of time before that ever sees the daylight.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.