Re: XFS compatibility with 2.4.6

To: Mathias Herberts <Mathias.Herberts@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS compatibility with 2.4.6
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:20:43 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> I gave 2.4.6 and XFS a few tries but to no avail, the 2.4.6 xfs-cvs
> patch available on your ftp site seems to break the kernel build process
> when jointly applied with JFS 1.0.0 and LVM 0.9.1b7.
>
> The 2.4.5 patch worked ok with the 2.4.5 kernel, but the 2.4.6 patch
> seems to be broken.

You need to be a bit more explicit in what you mean by breaks the build
process, plus you are in effect applying two lvm patches. The xfs kernel
contains 0.9.1_beta6 while the base kernel still contains 0.9.1_beta2, so
applying 0.9.1b7 is not that straight forward, plus, as Seth already
pointed out, we have more than just a different revision of lvm in
there.

Steve