Re: Anyone using XFS ACLs? (fwd)

To: Danny Cox <danscox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Anyone using XFS ACLs? (fwd)
From: "Nathan Scott" <nathans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:43:02 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi Danny,

On Jul 20,  1:33pm, Steve Lord wrote:
> Subject: Re: Anyone using XFS ACLs? (fwd)
>
> This was sent privately, Danny later said he meant to send to the list,
> any message mangling is entirely the fault of my mail tool. I expect we
> will get something based on this into the tree fairly soon (is anyone
> in Australia listening? hint hint).
>
> Steve

Tim and I were just having a look through this & we have a
couple of questions/observations:

- the descent algorithm you've used seems to be breadth-first,
rather than depth-first ... was this your intention?  (your
mail suggests not).  We agree it should be depth first (easily
fixed by moving the call to walk_dir up to the top of set_acl);

- trying to understand your '-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64' problem -
I think we do need this, I just can't understand how this was
failing for you (can you give more details?) - I have a rh6.2
system here and it seems to work for the (limited) test cases
we tried.

We looked through the fileutils-4.1 code and that seems to
define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS to 64 (via config.h) on redhat 6.2
also...

Otherwise, the patch looks fine - I'll probably check it in
shortly.

thanks.

--
Nathan