Re: [OT] XFS and FreeBSD?

To: cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OT] XFS and FreeBSD?
From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:50:52 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 12:26:54PM -0500, cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Actually since the BSD vfs/vnode/VM interface is much closer to IRIX  it
> shouldn't be nearly as much work.

It would be great if someone would do a FreeBSD port of XFS. Linux has
benefitted a lot in the past from competive benchmarking and tuning with
FreeBSD (and I guess FreeBSD has too). With a good file system like XFS
on both Linux and FreeBSD it would be even easier to do that and get one
variable out of the way. So I think even for completely selfish reasons
on the Linux side a FreeBSD port would be a good thing.

-Andi (back to lurking now)