Re: 2.4.6 patch available

To: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.6 patch available
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 08:55:03 -0500
Cc: Radovan Garabik <garabik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Radovan Garabik wrote:
>

> > > There is a 2.4.6 patch available in the patches/ directory of the ftp
> > > site, get the one dated July 5, linux-2.4.6-xfs-07052001.patch.bz2
> >

> > just a small nitpick: could you please use another date format,
> > such as 200010705, since it is really not clear whether it is
> > from 5th July or 7th May (and I would expect the later....)
>
> Europeans use %d%m%Y while in america they use %m%d%Y.
> It confuses me everytime I see it.
>
> Cheers
> Seth

And I am English and Keith is Australian, so go figure!

Steve

p.s. 4th of July here yesterday, and my patriotic duty as an Englishman to
sow seeds of dissention amongst the colonists ;-). Actually the network link
from home to work was out so I could not see or read email yesterday, for
which my wife and son thank me.

p.p.s doing an ls -l in ftp will tell you when the files were created
which is a pretty good hint.