Re: installer is not working

To: fperin@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: installer is not working
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Jul 2001 15:02:24 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 18 Jul 2001 12:17:52 -0400, G. Francisco Perin wrote:
> We are consistently getting the same error when using the RH7.1-SGI
> installer. When we get to the package installation portion of the process,
> it asks us to insert RH7.1 cd1 and we're getting "cd1 is not cd1" error.  We
> are using an official RH7.1 release.  Has anyone seen this before???

Ok, it looks like the media shipped from Dell is a little different, it
has a different timestamp in the disk ID file.

I have put an updated floppy image in
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.0.1/installer/updates

Follow the README instructions to create an update disk, and the
installer should continue; HOWEVER, since your CDs apparently are NOT
exact copies of the CDs Red Hat ships, I can't guarantee that you won't
run into another problem down the line...

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.