Re: benchmarks

To: "P.Dixon" <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: benchmarks
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:31:36 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 09:23 13-7-2001 +0100, P.Dixon wrote:
Hello,

Any idea why xfs appears to be very much slower than reiserfs with these
benchmarks:

http://www.namesys.com/benchmarks/mongo/2.4.5-xfs-ext2_vs_reiserfs.html

Admittedly, the benchmarks were done by namesys...

I don't know what mount options were used.
if you have enough memory and mount the fs with logbufs=8 or 4 it goes faster.
use mkfs -t xfs -l size=32768b /dev/hdn to create a larger log for increased speed.

In short, we know the fs was xfs but that is about it.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.