Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs

To: Luc Lalonde <llalonde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System locking: kernel-2.4.6pre3-xfs
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:44:36 +0200
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Luc Lalonde schrieb:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I'm seem to be having problems on my DELL PowerEdge 2400 running the XFS
> kernels.   Every 10 days or so the systems locks and I have to reboot.
> I've tried compiling the kernels with gcc-2.95.2, gcc-2.95.3, and
> egcs-1.1.2 with the same results.

How is your Server configured? Do you have aacraid or any other hardware
Raid from DELL or do you have the disks connected to an onboard SCSI or$
additional SCSI controller? I have tried different Raid controllers and
was not happy with them. SoftRAID5 on directly connected disks was my
solution.

Simon

--
Simon Matter              Tel:  +41 61 695 57 35
Fr.Sauter AG / CIT        Fax:  +41 61 695 53 30