RE: kernel build issues

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: kernel build issues
From: s-luppescu@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:32:58 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 29-Jun-2001 Rob Lembree wrote:
> Hi there,
>         I can't seem to build the XFS kernel properly
> on my RH 7.1 machine.
>
>         When I can build the bzImage, I can't build the
> modules (it complains about hex values in the sources).

What kernel version are you using? And where did you get the kernel source? I
had trouble with the kernel-source RPMs I got from the SGI web site (I think
the problem may have been that I didn't do make mproper before I built it) --
I could do make bzImage with no problem, but I got those weird hex values
errors when I tried to make modules. Then I got the prinstine kernel source tar
ball for version 2.4.5, applied the xfs patches and everything went swimmingly.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl.html
http://musuko.uchicago.edu/pubkey.asc for PGP Public Key
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
                -- "Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar"