Re: Can XFS be used on a production machine

To: Reggy Ekkebus <reggy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can XFS be used on a production machine
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:14:28 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001 at 5:48pm, Reggy Ekkebus wrote

> So my question is, is it stable for a server in a company with about 10
> people working. The server will be a file server and will not be very
> busy. I don't want to reinstall the server every year.

I've got XFS on a 560GB RAID NFS served to about 10-15 clients.  It's been
"in production" since early April running a pre-release kernel pulled
out of CVS in mid-March.  I haven't had *any* XFS related issues, and XFS
has saved my butt on multiple occasions.  The box will be upgraded to
RH7.1 and XFS 1.0.1 when that comes out.  It never got upgraded to the 1.0
release simply b/c it's being used and it's working (knock wood).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering