Re: sensor modules in rpms?

To: Alan Eldridge <alane@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sensor modules in rpms?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:46:23 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Alan Eldridge wrote:

> Eric,
>
> A whole slew of the i2c-* modules is missing from the 2.4.5 RPMs you just
> announced. What's the story on those (I have a VIAPro chipset, so I need
> i2c-viapro to monitor the temp/fans)... is it just a rebuild with some
> options changed, or worse?  And yes, the VIAPro has worked 100% reliably for
> me (I've been using MBs with VIA chips for several years now).

Hi Alan -

The I2C code is not part of the standard kernel yet, as far as I know.
Since the 2.4.5 RPMs I made are just standard kernel code, no other
additions, the I2C stuff won't be there.  If you need it, grab the Red
Hat / 2.4.2 RPMs, or patch the 2.4.5 kernel yourself with both our XFS
patches and the I2C sensor patches.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.