XFS 1.0.1 testing

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS 1.0.1 testing
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:51:15 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all - I've made available pre-release testing code for XFS 1.0.1.
This code reflects the state of the devel tree just before Steve's
2.4.6-pre1 merge; there may be a few more XFS-related mods merged in
prior to the actual release.

Available at:
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/testing/Release-1.0.1/

The kernel code is available various ways:

o Red Hat 7.1 / 2.4.2 RPMS for those who want to stay
  close to what Red Hat ships

o Vanilla 2.4.5 kernel RPMs with the same XFS code
  as above

o patches against vanilla 2.4.5

The RPMs pass the "does it boot" test, and also pass the XFS test
scripts, but they have not been extensively tested yet.

Note that the patches are currently broken up into about 6 files, these
will be collapsed into fewer patches before the actual 1.0.1 release.

The userspace commands are available as both tarballs and RPMs.

Please read the READMEs for more information, especially for patch
instructions.

A modified RH 7.1 installer will follow, hopefully soon.  This will
solve some of the RAID installation issues people saw with v1.0.

If any of the Mandrake/SuSE/Debian people on the list want to package
kernels for those distros, let me know, and I'll keep you up to date on
the status of the patches so we can put out unsupported/unofficial
kernel packages for them as well.

Have fun,

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.