using xfsdump with 'file device'

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: using xfsdump with 'file device'
From: Christoph Lukas <christoph.lukas@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:30:32 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

we would like to use xfsdump to backup one of our xfs filesystems onto
another hard disk. Therefore I tried:

xfsdump -l0 -F -f /mnt/backupfile /dev/sda3

Although we are running kernel 2.4.3 and glibc _with_ >2GB support (tried
with 'dd if=/dev/null of=/mnt/testfile' ) xfsdump exits after dumping 2GB
with:

xfsdump: creating dump session media file 0 (media 0, file 0)
xfsdump: dumping ino map
xfsdump: dumping directories
xfsdump: dumping non-directory files
File size limit exceeded

is there any possibility to exceed this limit (compile time option?) or any
easy alternative to work with multiple 2GB files (like the ordinary dump
does)?

Thanks,
Christoph