Re: cvs and cvsup problems?

To: Juha Saarinen <juha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: cvs and cvsup problems?
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:18:42 -0500
Cc: Dan Swartzendruber <dswartz@xxxxxxxxxx>, "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Juha Saarinen wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, if you wanted to swap from cvs to cvsup for
> updates, do you need to do anything in particular apart from creating a
> cvsup file with the tag etc?
>
> I've been using cvs until now, because I thought cvsup to oss.sgi.com was
> broken, but would like to "re-use" the existing local source tree instead
> of downloading it all again.

Well technically cvs to oss is still down the port is still blocked,
which is why thebarn is currently serving up  the xfs tree.

I don't know if you can reuse the tree.
I would make a backup copy of your cvs tree and give it try.

I may simply "rsync" the date stamps, but I'm not sure exactly what
it will do.

--
Russell Cattelan
cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx