Re: XFS module problems -- usage count incorrect

To: Harrison Xing <harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS module problems -- usage count incorrect
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:54:33 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 15:26 15-6-2001 +0800, Harrison Xing wrote:
Hi,
        I use the XFS kernel tree of June 14. When I compile XFS and pagebuf
as a module. After I just run "modprobe xfs", the usage count of XFS is 1 and I
can't rmmod it. The following is the results of lsmod:

lsmod:
Module                  Size  Used by
xfs                   597542   1
pagebuf                33636   0  [xfs]
xfs_support            15272   0  [xfs]

        Anyone know what's the problem? Thanks.

If there is not any XFS filesystem mounted it would mean that the refcount is not being reset after use.

The interesting bit is what you did after loading the module.
It could be that some other process is not giving it back after it was used.

I am unable to fix this, I'll need someone that knows kernels to do so.

Seth
--
Seth
I use the last kind.