Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?

To: "XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?
From: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 03:08:28 -0600
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Things are finally very close to working. The obvious failure, to
include initial ramdisk support, had not been checked (this is something
I *always* include, so I didn't double-check...wouldn't you know, famous
last words).

Now I am however getting what is probably a scsi error, and less likely
XFS...I'm not sure though. What I see is that it starts to load fine,
then gets to:
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.

At this point it goes on and runs the single aic7xxx ultra160 driver
just fine. When I run without modules, scsi (single channel controller)
is set to IRQ 10. Does anyone here with aic7xxx, especially if ultra
160, provide module parameters, or do you just use the modules however
they default?

D. Stimits, stimits@xxxxxxxxxx