Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?

Subject: Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?
From: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:13:29 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I forgot to send this to all, sorry if you get this twice.

Juha Saarinen wrote:

> :: Why are you booting noapic?
>
> He's got a problem with the Intel i840 chip set...
>
> -- Juha

Yes. And if some people here recall, SuperMicro used to advertise they
ran great on Linux, supported it, so on. When I called them and
presented them with the information, they replied that it ran fine on NT
4, then removed their Linux support from their web page advertisements.
This was also about the time they lost their marketing manager and
placed his work load on everyone else...SuperMicro has not since that
time supported anything to do with Linux. I even offered to purchase one
of their i840 boards as a donation to someone who could work on support
outside of their organization if they could give specs to whoever worked
on it...they still refused.

D. Stimits, stimits@xxxxxxxxxx