Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?

To: stimits@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?
From: Sidik Isani <isani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:37:09 -1000 (HST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx (XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
D. Stimits typed:
|[...]
|So can *anyone* verify that it really is possible to run XFS as modules?
|If so, can I get a list of modules you have under lsmod? Or if you
|remember, a sample of the mkinitrd.xfs line used?

  I've never looked at mkinitrd, but XFS as modules is working for me.
  I generated the initrd manually, but there's nothing fancy in it.  As
  someone else just posted, the modules must be loaded in this order:
  pagebuf.o xfs_support.o xfs.o

  (And, obviously the filesystem on the initrd _itself_ must be
  something compiled into the kernel.  Can't be XFS if it's modular.)

- Sidik

P.S.: I'm running 2.4.6-pre2-xfs CVS from two or three days ago.