Re: boot problems

To: Daniel Spratlen <spratlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: boot problems
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:39:55 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 19:54 11-6-2001 -0400, Daniel Spratlen wrote:
Hello xfsers,
    First off, thank you for your hard and wonderful work.  Now for my
question.  I have an IBM x220 server, and I can't get RH7.1-xfs to boot
unless I use the boot disk that I created during the install.  System
configuration is as follows:

# more lilo.conf
boot=/dev/sda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=linux

You say that you have altered the bios to make it boot from disk 6?
You are NOT writing a boot sector to disk 6 with this config.
If I think I am right sda == id0 and sdg == id6
Edit your lilo.conf to make3 boot=/dev/sda6
It should then write the MBR to the seventh disk in the array.

--
Seth
I use the last kind.