Re: Interest from the FreeBSD camp

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Interest from the FreeBSD camp
From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:29:20 -0400
Cc: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Juha Saarinen <juha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Remember that one of the most time-consuming, difficult parts of this
> project early on was handling the "lawyer issues" - I saw one slide that
> said a couple lawyers quit in the process.... :)  Tackling that all over
> again would probably not be a high priority.

Right now I wouldn't want to be Bruce Perens over at HP trying to
figure out how to release HP OpenMail as OSS.  ;-PPP

God knows it took Sun forever to finally release the StarOffice code
as GPL -- and they were really trying to get it out as GPL too.

-- TheBS

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx   chat:thebs413
SmithConcepts, Inc.           http://www.SmithConcepts.com