Re: boot problems

To: Daniel Spratlen <spratlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: boot problems
From: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:29:33 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:54:44 -0400,
Daniel Spratlen <spratlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    First off, thank you for your hard and wonderful work.  Now for my
>question.  I have an IBM x220 server, and I can't get RH7.1-xfs to boot
>unless I use the boot disk that I created during the install.  System
>configuration is as follows:

[Useful information snipped].  The one thing you are missing is a
detailed description of the symptoms.  "can't get RH7.1-xfs to boot"
does not tell us much, we need to know how far it gets and what the
last messages are.  Does LILO boot, does lilo load a kernel, does the
kernel issue any messages, does the kernel see the SCSI controller etc.?
Boot problems have many different causes, without details everybody
would just be guessing.