Re: XFS/Linux 1.1??

To: Sean Elble <s_elble@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS/Linux 1.1??
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 18:37:04 -0500
Cc: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks for the reply . . . I'm using the CVS version
> because it was supposed to be better than the 1.0
> release, and I havn't suffered any crashes, or
> failures of any kind for that matter, but, I would
> feel "safer" with a official release. I understand
> that you can't make a prediction, but I just don't
> understand why they havn't started the tests for a
> release yet (have they?). Thanks again for the reply.

Because we currently have a staff of 2 working on XFS kernel related stuff,
myself and Eric (Ananth is on vacation). Eric just relocated across half
the country and his wife is expecting (I have an 18 month old to complete
the picture).

Packaging kernel RPMs takes a fair amount of effort and time (cpu and
otherwise). As does keeping up with the mailing list, fixing bugs, merging
up to new kernel releases, and in my case doing a lot of other work on
different projects too.

There will be some new kernel RPMs, but it may take a little bit yet,
especially if you want them tested (fortunately there are some other
resources there).

Steve