Re: cmd compiles

To: stimits@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cmd compiles
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:29:30 -0500
Cc: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> > I think this sequence works (from memory):
> >
> >         0. install e2fsprogs-devel for uuid code
>
> I've done this via rpm. The rpm version listed:
> e2fsprogs-1.19-4
> e2fsprogs-devel-1.19-4
>
> >         1. build acl and attr packages, install development rpms
>
> I've compiled and installed the cvs version of acl and attr; however,
> I'm not aware of any development rpms...are these in addition to the cvs
> cmd/acl/ and cmd/attr/ make installs? If so, where do I find the
> development version, whether in rpm or tarball format?

OK, if you use the Makepkgs command in each command directory it will
build you rpms, if you do make install it should install all the correct
headers (a make install is used to generate the rpms). All the code is in
the cvs tree, there is nothing missing. However, it make be that make
install is not doing everything it needs to

> >         2. build xfsprogs, install development rpms
>
> I have done a make install for xfsprogs in the cmd/xfsprogs/ of cvs
> devel. Now comes a similar question from the prior paragraph...are there
> development rpms or tarballs that are separate from the build and
> install of xfsprogs? If so, where can I find them in either rpm or
> tarball format?
>
> >         3. build xfsdump
>
> This is the part that fails for me, and why I think the devel stuff must
> be separate from the cvs devel tree. Or at least requires more than a
> make install from the relevant cmd subdirectory.

Can you report exactly the failure you are seeing here (sorry I deleted
your earlier email, I have to delete stuff otherwise I drown in email
very quickly).

Steve