Label based mounts with fsck

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Label based mounts with fsck
From: Roger Moore <rwmoore@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:46:02 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We've just updated our cluster to use XFS and have noticed a problem with
using 'LABEL=xxx' in the fstab file.

The 'mount' command works fine with XFS labels (once you turn off devfs!).
However the problem lies with the fsck command. The RedHat 7.1 system we
have runs 'fsck -A...' at boot time which is needed for the remaining ext2
partitions. This complains that it cannont find 'LABEL=xxx' for XFS
partitions even when we configure /etc/fstab has f_passno=0 for the XFS
mounts. Is there a patch out there for fsck to fix this problem?

We are currently using e2fsprogs-1.21 from RawHide since it is needed for
the 2.4.5-0.2.9 RawHide kernel which you have patched.

Thanks,

Roger