Re: Backing up

To: Stephen VanPelt <vanpelts@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Backing up
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 10:12:50 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Is anyone using Arkeia to back up their XFS system?
>
> I'm running RedHat 7.1 with XFS, and was wondering if Arkeia would back up
> the ACLs with the files.
>
> -Stephen

I doubt it, since we introduced new interfaces for access to these features
of the filesystem, xfsdump is about the only tool capable of dumping them
and xfsrestore is the only thing capable of restoring them. Amanda can
drive xfsdump, but unless Arkeia does similar things by wrapping around
filesystem specific dump programs I don't think it will help you.

Steve