Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?

To: stimits@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?
From: Keith Owens <kaos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:53:45 +1000
Cc: "XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 03:08:28 -0600,
"D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Now I am however getting what is probably a scsi error, and less likely
>XFS...I'm not sure though. What I see is that it starts to load fine,
>then gets to:
>SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
>kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
>spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7.

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2
is no such file or directory.  Your initrd does not contain
/sbin/modprobe, initrd normally only contains insmod to save space.
You compiled the kernel for automatic loading (kmod) which expects
modprobe.  As long as you load a SCSI host adaptor yourself during
initrd startup, you can ignore this message.

spurious 8259A interrupt: IRQ7. is a little more puzzling.  The system
got an interrupt on irq 7 but nothing was assigned to that irq.  7 is
usually line printer, although it could have been assigned to another
device.  In any cause it is definitely nothing to do with XFS, it might
not even be SCSI related.  Ask on linux-kernel and include the chipset
data and PCI routing information from the start of the boot log.