Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?

To: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 07:16:33 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: "XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> I am trying to take what is very close to my working kernel
> configuration, and change it around slightly so that ramdisk and modules
> are used for the XFS related items. The reason being that with these in
> the kernel and not as module, the image is too large for floppy...I'm
> going to attempt a 2 floppy boot setup. However, either mkinitrd.xfs is
> failing, or something with lilo config is failing. The system is scsi,
> but scsi is being compiled in and not as a module. System is RH 7.1
> based. Here is what happens....

There is a entry and link in the faq to make mkbootdisk format larger
floppy's. If you do that you can compile both xfs and your scsi driver in.
I use 1.68MB boot floppy's for my servers at work.
The kernel contains XFS, megaraid and eepro100 compiled in.

It should work for you to.
You are running into space contraints.