Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?

To: "D. Stimits" <stimits@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mkinitrd, ramdisk failure?
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 07:16:33 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: "XFS: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> I am trying to take what is very close to my working kernel
> configuration, and change it around slightly so that ramdisk and modules
> are used for the XFS related items. The reason being that with these in
> the kernel and not as module, the image is too large for floppy...I'm
> going to attempt a 2 floppy boot setup. However, either mkinitrd.xfs is
> failing, or something with lilo config is failing. The system is scsi,
> but scsi is being compiled in and not as a module. System is RH 7.1
> based. Here is what happens....

There is a entry and link in the faq to make mkbootdisk format larger
floppy's. If you do that you can compile both xfs and your scsi driver in.
I use 1.68MB boot floppy's for my servers at work.
The kernel contains XFS, megaraid and eepro100 compiled in.

It should work for you to.
You are running into space contraints.

Seth