Re: LABEL=.... not working

To: Nigel Kukard <nkukard@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LABEL=.... not working
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:48:10 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> Well, i now run on 100% pure devfs, no actual device files in my dev dir.
>
> ext2fs works 100% fine with the exact same config.
>
> I just did another test with ext2fs & xfs, i used the EXACT same line to
> try mount namely....
>
>    mount LABEL=testfs /tmp/test
>
> with ext2fs it works fine, but when i reformat the partition to xfs, set
> the label and try mount again it sez there is no such partition found.
>
> i must be doing sumin wrong, what i have no clue  :-(

OK, you are not doing something wrong, I need to go find the mount
source code, this version of mount does not have the xfs code in it,
I just watched it run, and it does not look at the right place on the
disk to see an xfs label. Sorry, I should have tried rather than assumed
it was working here.

Steve