Re: ISO

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ISO
From: Mako Furukawa <furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 17:29:01 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> You could try a floppy image from
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/archive/Release-1.0-test2/RH7.1-SGI-XFS-0.10.3/images/
>
> those kernels did not have APIC enabled.

This worked but when it went to installing the system, I got this error
message:

"Error mounting device hda5 as /:
No such device

This most likely means this partition has not been formatted.

Press OK to reboot your system."

I did choose to format all the partitions.  I thank you guys for all your
help and appreciate any more information you can give me.

-Mako

Mako Furukawa                   |  furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Assistant              |  mako@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Chemistry         |  http://www.wrestlingmat.com/makohome
Hamilton Hall, 536              |  http://amateurwrestle.about.com
University of Nebraska-Lincoln  |  "It is alright to be disappointed, but a
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304          |   winner can never allow himself to be
(402) 472-9982                  |   discouraged." -- D.A. Chapple