Re: ISO

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ISO
From: Mako Furukawa <furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:40:52 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 16 May 2001, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> Mako Furukawa wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I just downloaded the ISO image and burned a CD twice and had the same
> > problems with the installer. It starts up okay but as soon as it gets past
> > the initial screen (where you hit enter to start the install), it freezes
> > up the keyboard and the monitor turns blank.  Any ideas?
>
> Regarding the install freeze, please first check the MD5SUM on the iso
> image to make sure your download went ok.

The download looks okay but just to make sure, I did redownload it.  I
just tried it again in text mode and it went fine until it go to the
following:

calibrating APIC timer
..... CPU clock speed is 1495.5702 MHz
..... host bus clock speed is 0.0000 MHz
cpu: 0, clocks: 0, slice: 0

-Mako

Mako Furukawa                   |  furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Assistant              |  mako@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Chemistry         |  http://www.wrestlingmat.com/makohome
Hamilton Hall, 536              |  http://amateurwrestle.about.com
University of Nebraska-Lincoln  |  "It is alright to be disappointed, but a
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304          |   winner can never allow himself to be
(402) 472-9982                  |   discouraged." -- D.A. Chapple