To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ISO
From: Mako Furukawa <furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:40:52 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 16 May 2001, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> Mako Furukawa wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I just downloaded the ISO image and burned a CD twice and had the same
> > problems with the installer. It starts up okay but as soon as it gets past
> > the initial screen (where you hit enter to start the install), it freezes
> > up the keyboard and the monitor turns blank.  Any ideas?
> Regarding the install freeze, please first check the MD5SUM on the iso
> image to make sure your download went ok.
The download looks okay but just to make sure, I did redownload it.  I
just tried it again in text mode and it went fine until it go to the

calibrating APIC timer
..... CPU clock speed is 1495.5702 MHz
..... host bus clock speed is 0.0000 MHz
cpu: 0, clocks: 0, slice: 0

Mako Furukawa                   |  furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Assistant              |  mako@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department of Chemistry         |  http://www.wrestlingmat.com/makohome
Hamilton Hall, 536              |  http://amateurwrestle.about.com
University of Nebraska-Lincoln  |  "It is alright to be disappointed, but a
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304          |   winner can never allow himself to be
(402) 472-9982                  |   discouraged." -- D.A. Chapple