Re: ISO

To: Mako Furukawa <furukawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ISO
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 15:15:25 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mako Furukawa wrote:

> Hello,
> I just downloaded the ISO image and burned a CD twice and had the same
> problems with the installer. It starts up okay but as soon as it gets past
> the initial screen (where you hit enter to start the install), it freezes
> up the keyboard and the monitor turns blank.  Any ideas?

Regarding the install freeze, please first check the MD5SUM on the iso
image to make sure your download went ok.

And yes, XFS can handle files > 2GB, as long as the underlying system
can handle them - and in the Red Hat 7.1 case, this is (mostly) a yes.
(Some applications have exhibited problems, but in general things work)

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.