Odp: Benchmarking ReiserFS, ext2, XFS

To: "Steve Lord" <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Odp: Benchmarking ReiserFS, ext2, XFS
From: "Blizbor (i)" <tb670725@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:39:47 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>

> p.s. For the filesystem mkfs and mount part of mongo.pl I would recommend
> this:
>
>     if ( $FILESYSTEM eq "xfs" ) {
>         system("mkfs -t xfs -f -l size=16384b $DEVICE") ;
>         system("mount -o logbufs=4,osyncisdsync $DEVICE $TESTDIR") ;
>     }

   Could these mount options can be also applied on production server ?
   (i.e. mail, web and sql db server ?)

   Is there possibility to limit memory used for disk/file cacheing ?

   How mkfs.xfs calculates values for agcount and agsize ?
   (I have spent some time trying to find apropriate "-l SIZE"
   for each created fs)

   On 15GB filesystem, did it makes big difference that it was created
   with "-l" value twice as you suggest ?

   Am I wrong thinking that noatime, nodiratime mount options also are
   tweaking XFS performance (as for ext2fs) ? (I dont need these info at
all).

Regards,
Blizbor