RE: For when a new stable release?

To: John Trostel <jtrostel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: For when a new stable release?
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:17:04 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Mário Gamito <mg-listas@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ML do XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
One thing I think he's thinking about, when it comes to acl setting is
something like this:

server[/home/userx]#>chacl u:5:,g:4:,o:0: somefile
server[/home/userx]#>exit
server[/home/userx]$>chmod 777 somefile
server[/home/userx]$>ls -l somefile
-rwxrwxrwx    1 userx   userx     72178 May  15 10:25 somefile

server[/home/userx]$>

I don't quite understand here. What good is setting ACLs on files if they
don't stick? Aside from that, that's my only gripe. I need to go do some
testing with directories next. :)

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA