Re: Some questions.

To: linux <dahouet@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Some questions.
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:08:55 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
linux wrote:

> but how can we know what was done good or bad ?

Well, it didn't give you any errors, so it was done good.  :)  Note that
this does NOT mean that no data was lost, as some files may have been
delay-allocated, or in the write cache when your power went down.

> has it (/* format change */) happened once on irix since the beginning ?

I don't know for sure.

> now it's time on tuning my system...

There have been a lot of people asking for information on "tuning" xfs,
and we should probably put together a short document on how the various
options might affect performance.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.