RE: Benchmark

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Benchmark
From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Date: 10 May 2001 17:26:53 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 10 May 2001 07:32:56 -0500, Mostek, Jim wrote:

> and XFS was faster for everything except the delete of a tar tree (which we
> expect
> because of the sync transaction on remove, right?).

Oh, BTW, can someone detail on this, please?

I saw that XFS is slow when erasing huge file trees (for ex.: when
emptying a Squid cache :-) ). Why is it so?
I'm not saying it's a bug, i'm just asking why...

--
Florin Andrei

"Imagine working in a secure environment and finding the string
_NSAKEY in the OS binaries without a good explanation." - Alan Cox