Long Term Commitment to Linux XFS,

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Long Term Commitment to Linux XFS,
From: IFIX Computer Solutions <dsainty@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:34:44 +1000 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I've heard some bad rumours about SGI's possible long term commitment to
XFS on Linux....  Do you have any sort of statement or position with
respect to the commitment to support Linux XFS into the future?

My colleagues and I are currently evaluating the use of either XFS or
Reiser FS on Linux, and we require as much of a commitment as possible
that SGI will continue to actively support Linux XFS into the future.
Unfortunately, whilst XFS is a superior journalling FS for Linux, its
development has not yet been very actively worked on by people other
than SGI employees, so its usefulness could be affected by any SGI cuts
in open source development (which would be a great shame).

Please give me some good news or positive response so I can re-assure a
few people I know. :-)  Anyway, fantastic work on getting 1.0 out. I've
heard only good things and plan to test it in the next week...

Best Regards and TIA,

DS..