Problem with 2.4.3, xfs, knfsd: "getfh failed: Operation not permitted"

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with 2.4.3, xfs, knfsd: "getfh failed: Operation not permitted"
From: Felix Ide <ide@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 09:36:37 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everybody,

first thanks to everyone involved in this project, xfs is great for
(mostly) all our needs...!

Except for a NFS problem:
We're useing SuSE 7.1, plain 2.4.3 kernel, patches 1.0 from sgi's
website, nfsutils updated to 0.3.1.
When I start the nfsserver I get the following messages:
woodstock.educators.de:/nfs: Invalid argument
where /nfs is a xfs filesystem. knfsd works fine with ext2 in parallel.

When I then try to mount this fs, I get the following messages in my
logfile:
rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from 192.168.10.103:677 for /nfs
rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted

I didnt't find anything helpful in the mailing list archive, so please
excuse me if this is a well-knows problem.

Thanks for your help,
Felix

BTW: I built SuSE-7.1 RPMs, anyone interested? Perhaps you(sgi) could
put then in your download section.